Welcome to our page
PaySika hereinafter “we, us or our” thank you for using our websites and services. Personal integrity is a crucial point for us and we take the protection of your data very seriously.
PaySika CAMEROUN, a subsidiary of PaySika Holding, is a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of 5 million FCFA, whose registered office is located in Douala, Rue Drouot, Akwa, BP 15027 Douala registered with the Douala Trade Register under number N°: RC/DLN/2022/M/1064, specializede in the development of FinTech to simplify access to banking services for all.
These terms and conditions are limited to presenting in the most complete way possible: what personal data we process about you; why and how we treat them; where the data comes from; who intervenes and on what legal basis we rely to do so.
You can always contact us by email at email@example.com/cartebancaireusd or by our chatbot.
- Definition of personal data
Personal data, personal data means information of any type that makes it possible to identify, directly or indirectly, a living natural person. This includes, for example, a name, address, telephone number, but also login and encrypted data and other types of electronic identifiers (e.g. IP addresses) in case this data could be associated with a living natural person.
We rely on the following principles to ensure the security, retention and processing of your personal data:
- The principle of responsibility : PaySika wants you to be responsible for your personal information and to make your own voluntary choices with regard to the entry of your personal data on our website or platforms;
- The principle of storing and securing personal information: PaySika does not assume that you trust it. We take responsibility to take all appropriate security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected;
- The principle of transparency and user education : So that you know what personal information is, how we collect it, for what purpose we collect it and how we secure it;
- The principle of respect for local laws: PaySika is a company that cares about privacy concerns. Our privacy practices may vary depending on the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. Specific privacy notices may apply to some of our products and services.
- The principle of consent and legitimacy of the processing of personal data: We comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject;
- The principle of fair processing of personal data;
- The principle of purpose, relevance of the personal data processed;
- The principle of accuracy of personal data;
- The principle of confidentiality of the processing of personal data.
We collect Personal Data about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following information:
- Registration Information: When you register to use our Services by creating an account, we collect the Personal Data necessary to provide and provide you with the Services you request. We ask you to provide us with your phone number, email address. We may also ask you to provide us with additional Personal Data when you use our Services, including:
- The identity document (national card, passport),”
- Your photo,
- Your quartier,
- Your city,
- General information: When you use our services, we have access to the following information:
- Le device token,
- The brand of the phone (its model),,
- The core of the phone(its OS, the version of its OS),
- The phone carrier used by the phone to connect
- The country of connection
- The city of connection
- Transaction Information: When you use our Services or access our Sites, for example to make purchases from merchants through your card, process payments, or send money to a loved one’s card, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction, such as the amount sent, the amount paid for the products or services, merchant information, including information about the payment instruments used to complete the transaction, information about the device you use to connect, technical usage data and geolocation information (country and city)
- Send money: When you send money through the Services, we collect Personal Data such as the name, phone number and account information of the participant who receives money on their card from you or sends you money.
- Top-up of your card: When you want to credit your card, we may collect personal data from you about the transaction, including the mobile money phone number or credit card used, the bank account number used for the top-up.
- Information about your public profile, loved ones, and contacts: To help you transact with your loved ones and contacts, we may offer to associate your contact list information with your Account or make your Account Preferences public. If you associate your device account with your Account, we will use your contact list information (e.g., name, address, email address) to improve your experience when you use the Services. If your Account Preferences are made public, other users will be able to access them to send you money by searching for you by name, username, email or mobile number on PaySika.
- Personal data about you from external sources: We obtain information from external sources, such as merchants, data providers and credit agencies, to the extent permitted by law.
- Other information collected about your use of our Sites or Services: We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams, or respond to a survey.
- Retention of personal data
- Processing of personal data
The processing of personal data refers to each operation carried out in relation to personal data, whether carried out automatically or not. For example, the collection, recording, organisation, arrangement, storage, adaptation, transfer and deletion of data are usually covered here.
We may process your Personal Data for various reasons justified under data protection laws depending on the jurisdiction in which you are located:
- To operate the site, application, chatbot and provide the Services, including:
- Make a payment, send money, credit ane card or pay a bill
- Authenticate your access to an Account
- Contact you about your Account, the Website, the PaySika Services
- Link your Account to a third-party account or platform
- Keep your Account and financial information up to date
- To manage our operational needs, such as tracking, analyzing, and improving the performance and functionality of the Services and website. For example, we analyze User behavior and conduct studies on how you use our Services to help us improve our services.
- To manage risk and protect the Website, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity. PaySika’s risk management and anti-fraud tools use personal data, device information, and geolocation information from our Site.
- To comply with our obligations and enforce the terms of our Site and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- To defend our legitimate interests, in particular to:
- Enforce the terms of our Sites and Services
- With your consent, in particular to:
- Sendsyou offers on PaySika products and Services, and products and services of unaffiliated companies. We may also process your Personal Data to tailor marketing content and certain experiences of the Services or Sites to your interests on PaySika
- To provide you with options, features, or offers related to your location if you choose to share your Geolocation Information through the Services.
- To respond to your requests, for example, to contact you about a question you have sent to our Customer Service
You may withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge.
- Communication of confidential data
We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with third parties in specific circumstances. We may disclose your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
- With subsidiaries of the PAYSIKA HOLDING group: we may share your Personal Data with subsidiaries of the PAYSIKA HOLDING group, in particular to provide the Services you have requested or authorised, manage risks, detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our regulations and conditions, and manage the availability and connectivity of products, PaySika Services and Communications.
- With other companies that provide services to us: We share Personal Data with third-party service providers who perform services and perform specific functions on our instructions and on our behalf, including the department in charge of verifying your identity, screening your profile on sanctions lists. Such third-party providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions, send you advertisements about our products and services, or provide customer support.
- With regulatory authorities: We share Personal Data with regulatory authorities upon their request, in accordance with the law.
- With other parties involved in transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users and merchants: We may share information about you and your Account with other parties involved in processing your transactions, including other Users to whom you send money or receive money, merchants and their service providers and our payment processor. Information may include:
- Personal Data and account information necessary to facilitate the transaction, including the amount of the transaction and your unique identifier (phone number)
- Personal Data that enables other partners to resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud
- With other third parties for commercial purposes or as permitted or required by law: we may share information about you with other parties for commercial purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- To comply with a law, procedural act or regulation
- With law enforcement authorities, other government officials or other third parties, pursuant to a subpoena, court order or other procedural act or requirement applicable to PaySika
- If we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate in order to avoid personal injury or financial loss, or in connection with a study of suspected or actual illegal activity
- With data processors for anti-fraud and compliance purposes
- To protect our property, Services and legal rights
- To enable the purchase or sale of all or part of PaySika’s business
- To assess and manage risk, and prevent fraud against PaySika and our Users, and fraud involving our Site or the use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic businesses or other individuals and merchants.
- To companies with which we plan to merge or through which we plan to be acquired
- To support our audit, compliance and corporate governance functions
With your consent: We will also share your Personal Data and other information with your consent or at your direction, including if you authorize an account association with a third-party account or platform.
In addition, PaySika may provide aggregated statistical data to third parties, including other companies and members of the public, about how Users visit our Site and use our Services, and the frequency and reason for such visits and uses. Such data does not identify you personally and does not provide any information about your use of our Site or Services.
- International transfers of confidential data
Our operations are supported by a network of computers on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Theservers on which AWS hosts user data are located in Europe and Africa (South Africa).
Our company is present in several countries with subsidiaries and service providers located all over the world. As such, personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we operate. In addition, your personal data may be transferred to countries that may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided your personal information, but whenever we transfer or transmit your personal information internationally, we will ensure reasonable measures to ensure that personal information is treated securely in accordance with laws. applicable in terms of data protection.
When you access our site or use our services a conversational box has proposed to you: it is the chatbot. It is a conversational agent that allows you to manage a bank account: from the creation of the account to the generation of the virtual bank card or the order of the physical bank card, the information relating to the account (balances, reloads, etc.). It also allows you to pay your water, electricity, television (TV) bills and the transfer of money to a mobile money account or another PaySika card.
The use of the chatbot is not mandatory. it acts as a simple additional support to access our services or when you need information on our site or on our services. Conversations through the chatbot interface are kept for the duration prescribed by the regulations in force of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- The options you have when it comes to the protection of personal data
- Options for Personal Data We Collect
- Personal data. You may refuse to provide Personal Data requested by PaySika, but you may not be able to use all or part of the Services.
- location information and other device-level information. The device you use to access our site or Services may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and usage data that PaySika may collect and use. To restrict the collection and use of such information, use your device settings.
- Options relating to our use of your Personal Data
Search for people and get in touch with them. If necessary, you can manage your preferences so that PaySika accesses your contacts so that you can carry out certain transactions.
You may have options to manage your cookie preferences. For example, your browser or Internet-connected device may allow you to delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You may choose to enable such options, but you may no longer be able to use many of the basic features available on the Site.
- Options for your Registration and Account Information
If you have an Account, you can generally view and edit your Personal Data by logging in and updating the information directly, or by contacting us. Contact us if you do not have an Account or if you have any questions about your Account Information or other Personal Data.
Our notifications, alerts and updates:
Advertising: We may send you advertising content about our Sites, Services, products, products we offer jointly with financial institutions or partners, as well as products and services from unaffiliated third parties and members of the PaySika group, through various communication channels, including email, SMS, pop-ups, notifications or messaging applications. You may opt out of the advertising content we send you by following the instructions in the communications you receive. For messages sent via notifications, you can manage your preferences on your device.
- Other Information : We will send you communications that we are required to send to Users of our Services, notifications that contain important information, and other communications at your request. You may not opt out of receiving such communications. However, you can choose the medium and format for receiving notifications.
- Your rights regarding the protection of personal data
Subject to the restrictions set out in the data protection legislation in force in your jurisdiction, you have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. In particular, you have the right to access, rectify, restrict, oppose, delete and portability of data. Contact us if you wish to exercise these rights.
In addition, subject to specific conditions, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds of legitimate interests or a public interest or public authority vested in us.
If you have an Account with one of our Services, you can generally view and edit your Personal Data in the Account by logging in and updating the information directly. You can contact us to exercise your rights.
- Protection of personal data
We take technical, physical and administrative security measures to ensure reasonable protection of your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Security measures include firewalls, data encryption, and information access authorization controls. While we are committed to securing our systems and Services, you are required to secure and maintain the confidentiality of your password, PIN and registration information relating to your Account or Preferences, and to verify that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. We are not required to protect Personal Data that we share with a third party as a result of an account association that you have authorized.
You may not:
(a) enter, select or use a false name, identity document, false address, false Account information, or email address owned or controlled by another person, with the intention of impersonating that person, or (b) use a name or similar information without adequate authorization. We are not responsible for any damages resulting from unauthorized use of our Site and/or Services, whether fraudulent or otherwise. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse, suspend or cancel a username without prior notice. You can consult the terms and conditions of use for more information.
We may process your personal information in order to contact you or send you marketing content and communications about our products, services or surveys. You may exercise your right to object to such contact by us or to opt out of marketing content. Please note, however, that if you unsubscribe from marketing content, we may still send you transaction-related messages and our Services related to our ongoing business relationship.
We may ask your permission to send you notifications. Our Services will always work if you do not allow us to send you notifications.
- Chatbot: conversational agent that allows you to manage a bank account: from the creation of the account to the generation of the virtual bank card or the order of the physical card, the information relating to the account (balances, top-ups, etc.). It also allows you to pay your water, electricity, television (TV) bills and the transfer of money from mobile money account to another.
- Compte: PaySika account to which a card is systematically linked.
- Device Information means data that may be collected automatically from any device used to access the Site or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your device’s device’s network connections, your device’s IP address, information about your device’s browser and the internet connection used to access the Site or Services, Geolocation Information, information about applications downloaded to your device, and biometric data.
- Geolocation information means information that identifies your location in a reasonably specific way, for example using latitude and longitude coordinates obtained by GPS, Wi-Fi or mobile triangulation.
- Personal data means information that can be associated with an identified or identifiable natural person directly or indirectly. “Personal Data” may include, but is not limited to, name, mailing address (including billing and delivery addresses), telephone number, email address, payment card number, other bank account information, account number, date of birth, and government-issued identification numbers (e.g., driver’s license number, national identity card number and passport number).
- Processing means any method or manner in which we process Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether in automated or non-automated form, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval and consultation, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, the alignment or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction of Personal Data.
- Services means the products, services, content, features, technologies or functions, and all related sites, applications and services offered to you by PaySika.
- Technical Usage Data means information that we collect through your phone, computer or other device that you use to access the Sites or Services. Technical Usage Data tells us how you use our site and Services, such as the information you have searched for and viewed on the Sites and how you use our Services, including your IP address, statistics about how pages are loaded or viewed, the sites you visited before visiting the Sites, and other usage and navigation information collected through Cookies.
- User means any natural person who uses our Services or accesses our site.
- PaySika Holding is a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of 1201 euros, whose registered office is located at 118 Route de Narbonne, 31400, Toulouse registered with the Toulouse Trade and Companies Register under number 881 936 744, specialized in the financial sector.
- PaySika Cameroon is a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of 5 million FCFA, whose registered office is located in Douala, Rue Drouot, Akwa, BP 15027 Douala registered with the Douala Trade Register under number N°: RC/DLN/2022/M/1064.
- Additional information
We may ask you for additional details regarding your complaints and keep records of your requests and their resolution.